This post contains affiliate links.
Here is the copycat recipe for Cheddar Bay Biscuits from Red Lobster. It’s easy and so delicious. It’s the one you’ve been looking for.
(One note, I doubled the recipe, so the pictures show twice as much stuff as what I’m telling you.)
Set your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a cooking sheet with nonstick spray.
Stir everything together.
Pour in about 2/3 cups of milk. Stir until combined.
It gets pretty thick, and you can add a little more milk if you need to. But don’t add too much, otherwise it’ll get really sticky. See how my spoon is standing up straight by itself?
I decided it would be easier to doff my rings..
And get my hands a little dirty. Hey… it works. And my hands were clean, I promise.
OK, now wash your hands and use the two-spoon method to drop lumps of the dough onto your cookie sheet.
Don’t they look nice, all lined up ready to be baked?
Stick them in the oven and set the timer to 10 minutes. Now, melt 2 Tablespoons of butter and stir in 2 teaspoons of oregano (or parsley if you don’t like oregano) and 1 teaspoon of garlic salt.
When the timer goes off (10 minutes, remember?) brush some of the butter mixture over each biscuit. Then, pop them back into the oven for another 5-6 minutes.
Or until they’re lightly browned. If you’d like, you can brush them with the garlic-herb butter again and let it soak in before you serve them.
If you’re having people over, you’d better double the recipe. These will get snatched up like hotcakes. Or, you know, like… Red Lobster’s cheddar bay (copycat) biscuits.
Want the printable recipe? You’ve got it! Keep scrolling.
Do you like this Copycat Cheddar Bay Biscuits Recipe (Red Lobster)? Don’t forget to Pin it!
- 2 cups of buttermilk biscuit mix like Bisquick or Jiffy Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cups to 1 1/2 shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 tsp oregano or parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick cooking spray
- Mix biscuit mix, garlic powder, and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Add the milk. Stir until combined.
- Drop lumps of dough onto your cookie sheet, spaced about 1.5 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Mix melted butter, herbs, and garlic salt.
- When the timer goes off, brush the butter mixture over the biscuits and return to the oven.
- Bake another 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Optionally, brush with butter mixture again when they're done.
This recipe was originally published in March 2008. It was updated in November 2015.